[Glastonbury] opinion wanted on "virtual linux servers"

Andrew M.A. Cater glastonbury at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Jul 12 10:11:01 2003

On Sat, Jul 12, 2003 at 09:59:53AM +0100, Sean Miller wrote:
> Anybody have any opinions on http://www.bytemark-hosting.co.uk/vm ??
>
> Seriously considering moving my websites to there... sounds like an
> interesting concept, and the fella running it replied to my enquiry
> e-mail within 2 hours of me sending it, so that is a good sign.
>
> Would need to manually configure the e-mail etc. (have grown quite used
> to cpanel) but that's probably the best way to do it anyway.
>
> Any views welcome,
>
> Sean

Young, bright, forward looking :)

They run Debian {B-)

They appear generally clued up - I sat next to them at the Linux Expo
in Birmingham for six hours.  They loaned me a decent flat screen
monitor to put on the Debian stand :)  They are known to Debian
colleagues whose opinion I trust.

Can't say more than that.  If you want to run "everything" under
UML - they are probably the best for this.

If you want another reliable host you could do worse than Positive
Internet - who also run Debian throughout :)

Andy