[Glastonbury] Re:mysql

Sean Miller glastonbury at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Jul 24 20:06:01 2003

peter wrote:

>Sean,  many thanks that worked fine.
>can you query across tables with in the data base?
>I wish to show fields from different tables?

I will have to check the exact syntax.. I know the Oracle version (ie.
select a.col, b.col, c.col, b.col2 from table1 a, table2 b....) but I
cannot be sure that is the MySQL syntax... more later ;-)

>Also next question. to get a web interface i would need to have Apache
>running to get PHP to work ?

Yup... you need a webserver... Apache is the best option, imho...

>And construct my query so that the job no eg D2071 would be entered into
>the web page form and then the php scrip would add this to the correct
>SQL query to give the correct answer ?

As a hidden field? Yes, probably... you need to supply it as an argument
to the SQL query.. you can do it in many ways... but if that's what you
want the page to do then it has to be there somewhere... either
hardcoded, as a hidden field or from a poplist.

>I can see i have a long way to go.

Almost there... :-)

Sean