[Glastonbury] Apache

Sean Miller glastonbury at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Jul 26 23:42:01 2003

peter wrote:

>just a quick question,
>
>i have got into apache from the web browser http:localhost:port80.
>It says just replace this file with your web page.
>What is the location for the index.html file.
>I am running Mandrake 9.1

Path of the root site is configured within Apache... parameter is
DocumentRoot I believe... forget the default, as I don't tend to use
it... is it something like "htdocs" under the Apache install directory??
I forget...

The way I use it is different.... every Linux user effectively has a
website...  these reside at /home/userid/public_html ... if the
directory doesn't exist create it, upload some files and then access the
site using http://localhost/~userid

Sean