[Glastonbury] photoshop / gimp

glastonbury@mailman.lug.org.uk glastonbury at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Jul 29 17:41:01 2003

Quoting Maurice Onmaplate <mauriceonmaplate@yahoo.com>:

> I loaded Gimp on my Win 98 Pen I [II?] PC and it was
> unusable, slow.  Tried on the newer P4 and it was just
> too complex to get to grips with...

Have u used Photoshop before?
File > new - this creates your canvas, then u can build up an image using
layers (open Layers, Paths, Channels to see this...), each part of your image
being made up of a new layer for ease of changing...

Then u can create...sounds simple but it is complicated. Need to understand
layers, & selection, and saving AS A GIMP FILE & as a png, gif, jpg, tiff etc,
depending on requirements. Also creative juices....

 filters are fun to experiment with