[Glastonbury] Python [WAS: Another company recognizes Liux is HERE!]

Maurice Onmaplate glastonbury at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Jun 25 16:14:02 2003

> > Is Java REALLY OO?  I don't think it is fully,
> unlike
> > xBase++!
>
> I have always considered Java to be fully OO. On
> what basis are you
> questioning its claim to be object orientated?

Something I read, but don't remember what.  Also the
only Java program whose code I've ever looked at was
obviously NOT using OO at all, which is of course not
the same as saying Java cannot use OO.

What would be interesting is a small requirement and
then see how people handle that in a number of
languages, to compare syntax, compatibility, etc.