[Glastonbury] Python [WAS: Another company recognizes Liux is HERE!]

Maurice Onmaplate glastonbury at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Jun 25 16:22:01 2003

--- Martin WHEELER <mwheeler@startext.co.uk> wrote:

> (Steve is actually probably better off with xbase++
> than many a
> high-level language, for the specific problems he
> has to solve.)

Mainly because I know it quite well, and it's able to
do everyhing I've ever needed, or am likely to need,
except run over an internet network, which is what the
free [to xbase++ owners] WAA kit is for, which I have
but can't make head or tail of!

> > At some future point I will probably want to
> > teach my son programming and I'm wondering what
> language to start him off on
>
> Try Urdu, or full Hindi -- that's where the work is
> moving these days :)

BUT in india everyone is learning English and watching
East Enders so they can work in call centres and deal
with our customer queries, sell us Insurance, etc!