[Glastonbury] meeting?

Martin WHEELER mwheeler at startext.co.uk
Mon Nov 3 20:00:19 GMT 2003

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 steve at fractalsoup.org wrote:

> when do people want to meet this month?
> i thought it was the first weds of each month?

I think most of us are assuming Wednesday of this week -- i.e. in two
days' time.  (With maybe another meet mid-November?)

> dual boot can be shown on the school laptop.

Also on mine ... Sean won't be there ... Kelvin -- what have you got
installed?

> i am happy to do partitioning/windows install from quick restore and
> then linux/ lilo configuration.

You sweet talkin' devil -- you just got you a Wednesday night demo!

> p.s. just got back from Roma ~ Linux is noticeable in magazine stands /
> internet cafes / shops / hotels
> good to see ~ i felt quite at home

Great -- so when is Mike going to set up the UK's first Linux-only cafe
in Glastonbury, then?   :)

> re: firewalls/netwroking linux format this month cover some of the issues ~
> i'll bring a copy

Great.

Which reminds me (I've been meaning to ask, but always forget) -- did I
lend someone my DVD copy of Morphix some time ago?  (August?)
I can't find it, and I know I brought it in; and it's about the only
magazine disk I really wanted to use out of this year's crop from Linux
Format -- should have an orangey cover.

Ta.