[Glastonbury] next meeting

Martin WHEELER mwheeler at startext.co.uk
Thu Nov 27 23:47:08 GMT 2003

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003, Sean Miller wrote:

> Whilst academic sorts, and semi-retired sorts, like the idea of 5pm or 6pm,
> it is not easy for those of us who are still working....

This academic sort prefers *daytime* meets, actually.  Afternoons.

> 7pm is better....

Undoubtedly -- for most.

> If there is a need to have an extended meeting I would rather it was
> extended in the other direction... until 10pm or thereabouts, rather than
> made inaccessible to the normal working man.

And who pays for the caretaker?  (If he's prepared to work those hours?)
[And anyway -- that wouldn't leave you any pub time, now would it?]

No Sean -- I'm afraid the hours are dictated by necessity; not choice.

And the 6pm starts were added for those who *can* come at that time, to
have their own specific problems dealt with, before the crush.

We have an under-16 membership to think of, too.

Now -- how are you and Tim getting on with the web-site?