[Glastonbury] Toms apache

Alistair Parsons neoaliphant at icqmail.com
Thu Oct 2 22:19:49 BST 2003

Theres a magazine called the complete linux handbook, or something like that
published by furure publishing, ive got a copy in the Microbitz Service
Centre if anyone wants to borrow it, its got detailed and easy to understand
instructions on setting up apache and numerous other bits

before we had a suse server at microbitz, our internal database was on
PHPtriad (php, apache, mysql) which is very easy to install on windows,
although not as stable of coarse, ive got it if anyone wants, its 8MB

re toms laptop,
 one idea is to use an external hard disk connected into the usb socket, mount
it and you can keep knoppix settings and share all your data with other
linux/windows boxes, (gratuitous plug: we sell them in me shop), i will be
using one of these in due coarse to transport me linux setup from home to
work in a handy little box

BTW, 486 going free if anyone wants it
have yet to hear about the pcs from the nutricia clearout
apparently theres some P300s with 192MB ram for £30, 8 of em

also a set of mandrake 9.1 CDs, i tried it and went back to Suse8.2

Al