[Glastonbury] Newbie to Glastonbury LUG

Martin WHEELER mwheeler at startext.co.uk
Sun Oct 5 17:47:32 BST 2003

On Sat, 4 Oct 2003, Sean Miller wrote:

> Martin's Debian mates seem to like things to have been going a while before
> they'll certify them "stable" -- php 4.2.2 came out about 18 months ago and
> has been certified by its writers as stable for over a year (from memory) --
> I have heard rumours that Debian are now certifying the 486dx2/66 as a
> stable platform, Pentiums being in a beta testing stage and anything over
> 500Mhz "bleeding edge" ;-)

Just in case anyone has a tendency to believe this FUD, you will find a
copy of phpwebsite running under Debian testing + php 4.3.3, at:

     http://startext.demon.co.uk/phpweb/

Please feel free to go sign up for your own account, and experiment.

Sigh.  It's so-o-o boring having to deal with the disbelievers, and
those who would rather show off the latest-and-greatest than the
reliable-and-trusted.