[Glastonbury] new pcs without windows

james bobbett james.bobbett at virgin.net
Mon Oct 6 20:28:13 BST 2003

>Subject: RE: [Glastonbury] new pcs without windows

>Intel Celeron 1.8
>128MB RAM
>40GB Hard Drives
>CD-ROM
>10/100 Network Card
>On-Board Graphics and Sound

>No O/S
>No Keyboard
>No Mouse

>£295.00 Plus VAT Each

I make that £346 incl VAT...that include a Telly???

As this forum now seems to be a place to offer computers for sale, I'll
chuck my quote in. I have not done so so far as I believe it was for
hobbiests, not for commercial gain, so here goes..

Athlon XP1900 (far better than Celeron)
256 ddr pc2700 ram..now that’s fast
60gb 7200rpm IBM hard disk....ooooh..fast again
CDrom...what it says
Floppy drive..just for olde times sake
100mb network onboard
Nvidia graphics onboard ...watch those 'orrible cheapie mainboards with
the very troublesome SIS chipset that don't like Linux Sound also
onboard

Complete with keyboard and scroll mouse

No OS but choice of SUSe 8.1, madrake 9.1 or redhat 9 (thanks Sean, hope
OK to pass this one around? My choice after doing a RedHat & Mandrake
course last week) to load at choice

All for £295 incl VAT !!! guaranteed for one year RTB
Lower specs for lower prices :-)

Previously owned systems always available as are used and new parts

James .. and I am in Glastonbury