[Glastonbury] ibm advert

Maurice Onmaplate mauriceonmaplate at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 9 23:07:20 BST 2003

--- steve at fractalsoup.org wrote:
> there is a current shortage of teachers, martin,
> ever thought of changing direction ;-)
> steve l-c

SHORTAGE?   The government is training more teachers
than you can shake a stick at, [training is used here
in the loosest sense], as well as spending 10%+ of the
budget of education on schemes to bring confidence in
the education field [not do anythimg, just make the
general public believe they are!], plus compensation
for older teachers who can no longer keep up ever
changing bureaucracy!

That and the resultant cut in budgets that has dumped
thousands of teachers out of work!

Maybe this is only in Primary, but if other areas are
similar to Bristol that might explain a lot - iin
Bristol I saw figures [forget where, BBC news
probably] that showed expenditure per pupil in
Secondary were 8 or 10 times the amount spent in
pre-school and that Primary spend was even less than
pre-school spend.

I seriously wonder at where this country is going
after Tony Blair's mess and IDS in the latter stages
of dementia, or whatever madness he has that started
at least two years ago.  ;)

And before Sean says "Vote Liberals" ... NO WAY!

Steve
Who seems to have had a rant on!