[Glastonbury] Java

Andrew M.A. Cater amacater at galactic.demon.co.uk
Wed Oct 29 21:11:57 GMT 2003

On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 08:59:44PM -0000, Sean Miller wrote:
> > I don't drink alcohol, and would counsel and request that other people
> also
> > refrain out of respect for the holy month of Ramadan and the teachings
> > of the Prophet (SAW) - but I'll happily tap you for a lemonade next time
> > I'm in Glastonbury :)
>
> SAW?
>
> Please explain.
>
> Sean

The Arabic is phonetically something like "Salah alehi wa'salaam" -
Peace and blessings be unto him.

<Very big lawyerly/religious disclaimer mode>
Note: I don't pretend to be either an imam or Qu'ran scholar, there
is no authorised translation for the literal words of the Holy Qu'ran
and there is no standardised transliteration for Arabic into English so
don't treat this as authoritative in any way
</Very big lawyerly/religous disclaimer mode>

:)

Andy