[Glastonbury] Boot on the other Drive

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Fri Oct 31 04:41:21 GMT 2003

Hum,

Might have guessed it wasn't going to be /that/ easy.

Right, well I did all that you suggested:

I edited lilo.conf on both disks as per instructions - read manpages while I
was at it (naturally)
I go to boot from hdb - I've labelled it DeMuDi for arguments sake - lilo on
hda gives me a boot menu with 3 options - Linux, LinuxOLD and DeMuDi - I see
'MBR' printed up, I can get the 1FA type options then nada ...

How do I get useful error messages out of this?

I have mounted hdb on /mnt when I boot from hda (Label: Linux) - It's all
there quite happily, but so far I can't boot into it.
I can still boot the original system on hda tho' - so It's not a disaster.

I will go reread the relevant HOWTOs & whatever else I can find any other
suggestions of useful reading material would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

tim hall