[Glastonbury] PHP + MySQL

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Wed Sep 24 22:12:07 BST 2003

On Wednesday 24 September 2003 16:39, Martin WHEELER wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Sep 2003, tim hall wrote:

> [ Just a sudden thought -- have you tried any of the above with a
> character-based browser?  (Lynx; links; or w3m?) ]

Now there's a thought.

> There is also mysql-navigator, for which there is a .deb
> [ "apt-get install mysql-navigator" -- never used it, though. ]

I just downloaded it. I like the look and feel of it, unfortunately any time
I try to update any of the records it gives me an SQL syntax error, which is
odd because the application is formatting the SQL - not me. Hum. It would be
perfect otherwise. I will investigate further.

> > The next thing I want
> > to know is how to use PHP to enter data into the tables, and preferably
> > securely too !
>
> OK; I'll have to find a few simple scripts to stick up somewhere on the
> startext or avalonix websites.  It's relatively easy.

Most excellent.
Cheers

tim hall