[Glastonbury] LU&D Expo, Linux Audio and a plug or two

Richard Bown richard.bown at ferventsoftware.com
Thu Apr 15 08:27:04 BST 2004

On Thursday 15 April 2004 07:13, tim hall wrote:

> Ripping is easy. The rest would be useful. I've not figured how to import
> audio into Rosegarden or get it to work satisfactorily with jackd, most of
> that is probably set-up issues. I've been using ecasound (which is
> brilliant) MusE (which does -some- things easier than rg, but falls over
> other stuff) and hydrogen (the best drum machine ever). Don't really know
> where to start with it all. If you were to introduce us to Rg, that would
> be most useful.

Sounds good.  I'd like to have a proper play with MusE too so perhaps you
could do us a bit of a demo of that and ecasound then?  Or if you don't
fancy I'll pull my finger out and make sure I have a proper play with
both of them beforehand.  I'll do RG, midi and audio setup, softsynths and
JACK then maybe - have to get JAMin and Ardour in there too.  Yeah, and of
course Hydrogen - as it rocks.