[Glastonbury] next meeting

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Wed Dec 1 12:27:10 GMT 2004

Last Wednesday 01 December 2004 02:15, Martin Wheeler was like:
> In the end, phpWebSite won out, for two reasons only:
>
> a) the output conforms to W3C standards (i.e. will parse correctly); and
> accessibility guidelines (both a must for this application);

That's almost shocking. You mean to say Plone and Mambo don't? I have to say
that I've never known Plone to look particularly nice, I don't know if that's
just because people can't be bothered / don't have the skills. Generally
speaking, Plone seems like it ought to be good, but in practice seems to get
in the way of the information, the main impression I get is of looking at a
Plone site, rather than a webpage on a particular subject. I think CMS needs
to be a bit more transparent than that.

cheers

tim hall
http://glastonburymusic.org.uk