[Glastonbury] bits

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Wed Dec 8 08:06:08 GMT 2004

Martin Wheeler wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Dec 2004, Damon Chaplin wrote:
>
>> And 99% of the lists I use agree with Martin as well
>

> <righteous smirk />

So which lists are these then? I am a member of many lists, and none of
them are configured thus... in all cases if you want to reply to the
sender, rather than the list, you compose a new e-mail... as much as
anything else that means that the [listname] bit gets left off and the
mail doesn't get filtered into a list folder, rather appearing as normal
e-mail...

I have limited experience of lists, but neither the Ubuntu or Demudi
lists act like this... your 99% figure would suggest that both groups
are atypical, yet I have not found one of the typical ones yet.

Sean

ps. oops, just remembered -- GlastonburyNoticeboard is configured as
Martin suggests... but that is deliberately because it is a
*noticeboard* not a discussion list. The norm, in my experience, is that
noticeboards are "reply to sender" and discussion lists "reply to
group"; otherwise they cease to be a discussion group as 90% of the
posts never make it to the members!