[Glastonbury] General purpose/must have packages

Greg Browne greg.browne at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 06:16:37 GMT 2004

Thanks Peter for your comments. (I'm running KANOTIX (A less buggy and
easy to use version of KANOPPIX, built on Debian Sarge). I've not
tried Xandros or Inspire)

Office - I'm downloading OO2 to see how it goes, but do find the
instructions to make a .deb package a bit daunting. This should help
with those old Access files.

Graphics - Tried digicam, but not with a camera as yet. It doesn't
seem to have a simple 'open file' function though.

Finance - gnucash looks good, thanks, but did have installation
problems, hope it will continue to run smoothly.

Mail - Not tried Evolution as yet, but if it includes a calendar, it
sound worth a try.

Sound - don't appear to have KINO installed. JuK and Kmix seem to be
the standard packages, but I've not tried them.

At the moment, if they are not included with Klik, then installation
seems rather hit and miss, but that's all part of the learning curve!!

Greg