[Glastonbury] General purpose/must have packages

Andrew M.A. Cater amacater at galactic.demon.co.uk
Wed Dec 15 21:14:51 GMT 2004

On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 10:13:24AM -0500, Greg Browne wrote:
> Thanks for all the comments - I'm compiling an up to date list from
> all these cooments and will post one, when time permits
>
> > What is your /etc/apt/sources.list like?
> >
> > Andy
> Andy, It doesn't mean a great deal to me except that I am running SID,
> not sarge, as I previously said. I've attached the sources list,
> rather than past it in and make this a long e-mail - hope that is
> acceptable lugetiquette
>
> Greg
Greg,

As far as I can see, you only need the first few lines and the last two:
the sources lists for Debian and for Kanotix.  I'd be tempted to
substitute .uk for .de in the Debian mirror lists.

The rest are not being used: they are all commented out.

If you do an apt-get update ; apt-get dist-upgrade - how many packages
have changed (Hint: your Debian mirrors are being searched _before_ your
Kanotix sources so you will, potentially, gradually come to run vanilla
Debian unstable) ?

That should save you a couple of k at least :)

Andy