[Glastonbury] KANOTIX

peter cole peter.t.cole at lineone.net
Sun Dec 19 12:54:59 GMT 2004

On Sun, 2004-12-19 at 11:03, Tony Sumner wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 18, 2004 at 08:57:03PM +0000, peter cole wrote:
>
> > Following Greg mentioning Kanotix ... it correctly picked up the
> > webcam
>
> Which webcam are you using? I have been trying to decide which one to
> buy and the situation with drivers seems a little confused.

it is an old logitech quickcam there is colour just about with linux

Yes i have heard many stories with webcam drivers. gess the best thing
to do is get a copy of Kanotix, memphis  and go to pc world ( or what
ever store is near) and see if they will let you try them ( Martin has
talked about doing this before for other reasons i expect this could be
quite entertaining !! ) sorry a bit off topic

Peter