[Glastonbury] Knoppix install

peter colep at nascr.net
Thu Jan 1 14:30:51 GMT 2004

Well i hope that every one had a good new-year.

I have been playing a little with my laptop that was running Mandrake
9.2 Which i am afraid to say i found a little flakey!

I wanted to install Knoppix onto it for some time but could not because
of the partitions. ( more of which later)

Any way i had the Fedora core DVD from LXF and i thought i would try
that Installed it OK. Logged in (Yuk) sorry not very scientific, So
thought about Knoppix again, and hey presto i am now running Knoppix on
the laptop.

I think that mandrake have a bit of a funny with there partitioning
system that QT parted does not like but Diskdruid on Fedora was OK and
QT parted was OK with that.

Know for the question how do i stop Knoppix logging straight into KDE
with out asking for a login?
I have added a user for myself from Kuser running as root.
So i am open to suggestions to get around this.

Regards

--
peter <colep at nascr.net>