[Glastonbury] Knoppix install

Nick Irwin nirwin at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Jan 1 15:18:37 GMT 2004

On Thursday 01 January 2004 15:00, Nick Irwin wrote:
> On Thursday 01 January 2004 14:43, peter wrote:
> > Know for the question how do i stop Knoppix logging straight into KDE
> > with out asking for a login?
> > I have added a user for myself from Kuser running as root.
> > So i am open to suggestions to get around this.
> >
> > Regards
>
> Hi, Mandrake did the same auto-login thing to me. I used 'DrakBoot' from
> within the Mandrake Control Centre to get rid of it. But I am assuming that
> tool isn't available in Knoppix.
> I'll try to find out which file it edits when it makes the changes.

Ok, couldn't find out which file it is but, found a way to disable it.

In your system menu (the equivelant of the windows start menu), you need to go
to:
Configuration -> KDE->System->Login Manager     (may be a slightly different
path on your computer)

you will need to enter the root password (unless you already are root) then
click on the convenience tab. There should be a check box with enable
auto-login written next to it, disable it. Happy logging in!

--
Nick Irwin
Term-time E-mail: nirwin at blueyonder.co.uk
Home E-mail: nirwin at pulbah.plus.com