[Glastonbury] OOo and MySQL

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Sat Jan 24 16:39:05 GMT 2004

> On Saturday 24 January 2004 8:59 am, Sean Miller wrote:
> > Btw, RH9 becomes desupported in April.... I use it myself and
> am wondering
> > whether to migrate to the Fedora distro.... could not use Debian on
> > principle, because Wheeler would then think he'd "won" and gloat for
> > months.... ;-)
>
> It's good to have rational reasons for your upgrade strategy ;-)

lol Tim !

No, Fedora has now become the Red Hat unsupported distro... the one where
they try out all the things that they may eventually incorporate into Red
Hat Enterprise.... there's something about RH9 that I just like... it
"agrees with me", in a way that SuSE does not.... one day I might try Debian
again - Martin assures me that Knoppix can be used in conjunction with the
full Debian distro to add some "automation" to what was (when we tried it at
LUGOG) a *very* expert-orientated installation.