[Glastonbury] default desktops

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Mon Jan 26 11:30:51 GMT 2004

Hi Steve,

I've been playing around with Window Managers and themes/styles quite a bit
lately. This thread is right on cue.

On Sunday 25 January 2004 11:13 pm, steve at fractalsoup.org wrote:
> just playing around after writing 90 odd reports;
> it got me curious as to how much you all  will share of your default
> desktops ~ as i am certain none of us look the same ( if you see what i
> mean)
> i have put mine up on http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/fractalsoup/gallery.htm.
> care to join me? ~

Yes.
I've just cobbled up a page called "What's so great about Linux" - with the
idea that it should go up on the LUGoG site - it's basically just a
collection of screenshots, plus a little bit of blurb about the applications
featured. I'm still fine tuning it. I'll put it up somewhere this week.

> my default linux desktop is fluxbox.org

I've been using fluxbox for the last year and absolutely loved it.

I'm trying out openbox at the moment - it's not as smooth as flux, but more
configurable / integrated with the general X11 scheme of things. I'll let you
know how I get on. There's a couple of things about it that may make me run
back to fluxbox if I can't sort them.

I also had a look at some other WMs, just out of curiosity. iceWM is quite
nice, but a bit too Windozy for my comfort. It does a good compromise between
being lightweight and providing eye-candy. Mind you, I use *box because I
think it looks best ... go figure. Or in fact take a look at my screenshots
when I put them up. Yours look familiarly cool. Will keep you posted.

You don't /really/ edit the LUGoG site using dreamweaver do you?

slightly shocked

tim hall