[Glastonbury] pcmcia

Martin WHEELER mwheeler at startext.co.uk
Fri Jun 25 21:11:51 BST 2004

On 24 Jun 2004, peter.t.cole wrote:

> I installed a whole load of educational stuff use apt-get

OK; but did you upgrade from:
     - stable
     - testing
     - unstable ?

The problem with Knoppix is that it gives a real mix of stuff from all
three; my only attempts at doing a dist-upgrade from testing resulted in
total disaster.  Thus it would seem that your only real option is to
upgrade from *unstable*, always -- and even then, I'd go slow.  (One
package at a time, to see if anything goes bang.)

cheers,