[Glastonbury] dual boot issues

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Sun May 16 07:52:29 BST 2004

I've been having great fun trying to get this blasted Agnula thing to work
with my laptop... have uninstalled and reinstalled Linux on my laptop *so*
many times this weekend.

Clearly ALSA does not like my onboard sound...  it amazes me that DeMuDi did
not include the OSS drivers as they would have ensured it all worked,
instead of which I have now wasted 2-3 days trying to get DeMuDi to make a
noise... and it still doesn't... RehMuDi just crashes and screws up my
Fedora Core 1 installation "bigtime", and an attempt to hard drive install
DeMuDi was also completely unsuccessful... it failed to create a boot disk,
or to write lilo to the MBR.

I guess the moral of the story is that I should buy an external sound
card... I never really thought that the Toshiba Laptop soundcard would be up
to the job, but I decided to try to get it to work regardless... I notice
that Creative Labs have a £40 USB soundcard on offer... anybody know whether
it is any good??