[Glastonbury] knoppix 3.4

peter.t.cole peter.t.cole at lineone.net
Wed May 19 20:26:02 BST 2004

I have installed Knoppix 3.4 and am very impressed, there are more tools
i there for the recovery of windows systems !! lin neibourhood being one
allowing you to see other machine on the network and mount them so as
you can get data of of the sick machine.
It also so has the option for the 2.6 kernel, but this did not work just
caused kernel panic ( this was on a laptop) i have not tried it on my
main PC yet.

I just have to get the sound working on the laptop- i have a few ideas
from the Knoppix website so will keep you up to date

We now have a new dell laptop at work so the old HP machine that was
causing all of the problems i may set up as a test bed for a Linux
desktop at work to see how we get on.
I will bring my copy of Knoppix over on the 2nd of June for the install
fest,

Hope to see you all then

Regards

Peter