[Glastonbury] "the opencd" for apple OSX

Cherry Mulliss cmulliss at linuxmail.org
Sat Nov 6 22:24:41 GMT 2004

Hi All

Yes, count me in :)

As you know I use Mac OS X, and could do with downloading and testing
Gimp. Blender et al. on Panther. But, we dont get broadband for a couple
of weeks, so this will cramp my style a bit initially. Can also get Ross
Wallis (head of Art at Sidcot School) to test stuff on the school eMacs
- if I install it for him.  Lots of possibilities here, as we can then
get some of the students to experiment with these programs too.

I think the idea of an open CD for Mac OS X is excellent. Particularly
as there is a lot less free software about for Macs than for PCs.
Obviously there is CarbonCopy, which is free and really good. I have
tried a couple of other things that seem buggy. I will have a look for
more stuff to test on our iMac and then, as appropriate in school
(Sidcot and your school) on the eMacs.

Let me know if you want me to test any particular programs that you come
across. I can test some things on both Jaguar and Panther if this seems
to be a good idea. Hopefully we can get away with ignoring Mac OS 9 and
earlier <G>.

BTW, I was very impressed by Bryns mastery of Blender. Can  you  find a
student to  do Gimp too?

Just of to attempt Gimp / Blender downloads for OS X.

BFN

Cherry