[Glastonbury] debian@stdunstans (was Just a little idea)

steve steve at fractalsoup.org
Sun Nov 7 11:48:24 GMT 2004

Sean Miller wrote:

>We seem to be experiencing Debian bigotry again...
>
>Joy of Linux is the fact that there are many different distributions, based on a standard kernel.  What is actually wrong with Mandrake? I have heard that their package manager puts apt-get to shame... not had a chance to try it yet, but intend to at some stage.
>
>Sean

>User group website: http://www.lugog.org.uk/

ok debian guys i have spent the last half an hour trying to use
jigdo-lite to download sarge using the guide on the debian site.
i want to get the dvd iso. no matter how i interpret the info on the
site i can't get it to start.

i have the following message at the command prompt.

"Images offered by
`http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/dvd/jigdo-area/i386/sarge-i386-1.jigdo':
sed: -e expression #1, char 34: unterminated `s' command
sed: -e expression #1, char 33: unterminated `s' command
sed: -e expression #1, char 41: unterminated `s' command
sed: -e expression #1, char 31: unterminated `s' command
sed: -e expression #1, char 28: unterminated `s' command
Number of image to download:"

what do i do now?

thanks steve