[Glastonbury] debian dvds

steve steve at fractalsoup.org
Mon Nov 8 23:51:04 GMT 2004

sorry martin,
i have tried to copy the dvds exactly and can only copy dvd 2 using both
linux and windows.
even via copy to hard drive first.
i have cleaned disk 1 and still my dvdwriter cannot read the disc
completely.
it gets to 88% on both platforms.
the fact that linux can read the disc and pick up the install via bios
indicates that probably only one or  two "bits" are corrupt or the disc
is "bad". did a md5sum check work?
it could be my dvddrive but this has not happened before.
i will return them to you and appreciate the fact that you lent them to me.
hey i can lend you my mandrake dvd installer if you like?

meantime,
andy can you please send me the downloaded dvds of sarge you processed
yesterday to
steve,
27 hamlyn rd,
ba6 8hs

let me know how much i owe you,
in kind or cash and i'll give them a go.

regards,
steve.

thank you