[Glastonbury] debian dvds

steve steve at fractalsoup.org
Tue Nov 9 00:46:21 GMT 2004

Martin Wheeler wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Nov 2004, steve wrote:
>
>> i have tried to copy the dvds exactly and can only copy dvd 2
>

> Grrr!
>
> I have used the disks; but never tried to copy them.
> (Pointless -- I don't have a DVD writer yet.)
>
> Thanks for pointing this out -- what are you using to copy them, by
> the way?  (App., under both OSes.)

under linux from terminal and k3b (which is superb!)
under windows from Roxio 6 and MySonic DVD record

>>  did a md5sum check work?
>

> Never did one.  Remains to be seen.  (I didn't burn the disks.)
>

>> it could be my dvddrive but this has not happened before.
>

> OK; I'll check on my laptop, and see if I can make a copy of disk 1.
>
> Sorry about the hassle.
> DVDs is new technology to me.

no problem martin.
dvd is *very* unstable unlesss you belong to the  LucasArts Ltd Village
in Hollywood and know the secret codes ;-).
hey didn't they invent the concept in the first place?

joking apart I think george is a very nice guy and would love to meet him.
i saw the "making of" of several star wars episodes while i was ill and
goit to realise that lucas arts have really pushed the envelope for
digital technology over the yaers that i have struggled with my 386,
486, 586 's ...
hey they used/use unix, apple, sparc and linux
in not one screenshot did i see any other platform.

(i apologise ~ but "mtfbwy")
s~TV