[Glastonbury] Re: Future meeting topics?

Martin Wheeler mwheeler at startext.co.uk
Tue Nov 9 00:57:24 GMT 2004

STEVE __

AM FORWARDIDNG THIS TO THE LIST FOR YOU; BUT NEXT TIME COULD YOU NOT USE
HTML, PLEASE?

THE SPAM FILTER BARFS ON IT.

MUMBLE MUMBLE
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 00:31:21 +0000
From: steve <steve at fractalsoup.org>
To: "The Linux User Group of Glastonbury (LUGOG)"
     <glastonbury at mailman.lug.org.uk>
Subject: Re: [Glastonbury] Future meeting topics?

DocBook sounds good to me too.
Next meeting?
regards,
steve.

btw i am starting a new website for st-dunstans tonight:
here are my logs:

  hi,
i have spent a few hours tonight configuring and setting up a <u>new</u>
website for stdunstans.
interestingly the county LEA server for st-dunstans only supports .asp
webpages and Access databases!
the technician i talked to admitted that they would love to have the
interactivity of php/mysql on their servers but restrictions do not
allow this. i wonder why?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/700000/images/_701054_bill_tony_150.jpg

suffice to say that via www.000k.com i have set up 250 mbytes of
webspace using complete LAMP interactivity for stdunstans for free. i
will be using mambo as the content manager. www.mamboserver.com .

just out of curiosity is it possible in the current order of things for
us to "host" / "feed" our own website on our own servers? i would love
to be able to do this rather than rely on 000k.com or some other 3rd
party. we could then incorporate mysql databases and internal email
functionality although i expect we could do this already anyway.

are any of the schools you maintain already doing this?

thanks,
steve.

tks to sean for staring this ball rolling...

steve

forwarded to list by: