[Glastonbury] My CUPS floweth not ...

Kelvin McNulty kelvin24 at gcircle.co.uk
Thu Nov 11 21:11:59 GMT 2004

Thanks for clarifying this, Ian and Damon.

I have felt bothered by the SCO/IBM dispute about proprietory code being
included in Linux, and am also becoming aware of Debian's status as what I
believe is the only genuinely 100 percent royalty free Linux distribution. It
does seem from your messages that CUPS does not compromise that status,
whereas something like StarOffice would, I imagine, if it was included as
part of the distribution. Though OpenOffice.org would not. StarOffice is
included as part of the SuSE distribution that I currently use, though I
don't have it installed. So copying the discs and passing them on would
infringe copyright somewhere...

Best,

Kelvin