[Glastonbury] Bootloader

Ian Dickinson ian_j_dickinson at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Nov 12 10:54:25 GMT 2004

Nick Palmer <nick.palmer at easynet.co.uk> wrote:
> What would be the best way to edit the options
> listed on the bootloader, as
> i have 2 kernel options, but only want to boot the
> most recent one.
I *think* (I've moved to Fedora now, and that uses
grub by default, not lilo) that you edit
/etc/lilo.conf. IIRC, the format is fairly easy to
understand, or you can man 5 lilo.conf for chapter &
verse.

As always, back the file up before you mess with it
:-)

Also, if you're never going to boot into the old
kernel, you could rpm -e the old kernel package, which
I'm fairly sure also removes it from lilo.

Good luck!
Ian