[Glastonbury] FOA Greg KNOPPIX

peter.t.cole at lineone.net peter.t.cole at lineone.net
Tue Nov 23 12:05:11 GMT 2004

Greg What laptop are you using ?

I have an IBM 600e running knoppix  I had to play around to get the sound
working ( this has been the same for All Distro's i ave tried on it)
The laptop is i think a P300 ish 128 meg ram and 6 gig hd . it runs OK,
it does not set the world alight.
I use a pcmcia netowrk card , this has been an issue when i did the upgrade
route on the os as it killed the pcmcia support.

For sound recording Tim, Steve or Martin would be you best port of call
.

The only other issue i had with knoppix was having to gacnge the apt sources
list as it was setup wrong, The was a post on the knoppix forum ( this is
a very goog source of information)

Regards

Peter

FREE weekend phone calls! NO monthly fee, NO contract!

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/services/smarttalk/?StartupCode=OL063&srccode=COD_563