[Glastonbury] KNoppix install

peter cole peter.t.cole at lineone.net
Thu Sep 16 22:11:03 BST 2004

Well i bit the bullet and dumped mandrake 9 from mymain PC and installed
knoppix i did try 3.6 that that barfed on tehhd install so back to 3.4.
I have got 2 hard drives so backed data up on to the spare drive and off
I went, not really a good idea satrting at 8.30 pm fianlly got to be mid
night my son woke up at 5 so not much sleep !!
I have got ove most of the problems that i had i have found out that
firefox does not like cups for printing unless you install
xprt-xprintorg
then it works i still can't get my usb camera to work under a normal
user but it is fine under root.
All the data has come over with out any problem.

The pc seems much faster than before

Will keep you posted

Regards

Peter