[Glastonbury] KNoppix install

peter cole peter.t.cole at lineone.net
Sun Sep 19 14:55:33 BST 2004

I have finally got there,

after reading the gphoto2 pages on hot plug i had to create a user map
in /etc/hotplug/usb.

Then copy a script in the /usr/share/doc/libgphotot2-2/hotplug into
/etc/hotplug/usb and call it usbcam
I used the group script. had to create a group camera the add users to
this group.

once all of this was done i was able to access the camera as a user.
Phew rather long winded. Mandrake did this all automattically. Well i
means i have learnt something else !!

Regards

peter