[Glastonbury] Sedgemoor IT Cluster

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Wed Apr 6 07:57:03 BST 2005

info at wccl.co.uk wrote:

>You have in the copy email Steve's web address and I imagine that's for the
>Cluster - data by design. I looked myself for Sedgemoor ITC in Google last
>night before sending off this mail to LUGOG and couldn't find it in first 2
>pages of results. So your guess is as good as mine there. Is it further down
>the Google list? I suspect there isn't a www.sedgemooritc.co.uk because Steve
>would have to buy the site since there's no subscription system for his
>friendly little cluster. It was previously a small group round Bridgwater but
>clearly it hasn't taken off much. When I filled in the joining form, I forget
>what the url was though I should have a printout of it in the records.

Data By Design appears to be Steve's business... no sign of anything
about this Sedgemoor Cluster on there...

There should be no reason why such a thing would cost anything... it
could purely be set up as a Yahoogroup (or Googlegroup) for free, if he
didn't wish to host it. Perhaps this is something we might consider
suggesting to him, if he thinks hosting the mailing list himself is
likely to bankrupt him... or he could talk nicely to Martin Wheeler and
see if he'd host it at Startext using mailman :-)