[Glastonbury] Sedgemoor IT Cluster

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Sun Apr 10 10:50:40 BST 2005

Last Saturday 09 April 2005 19:19, Martin Wheeler was like:
> On Sat, 9 Apr 2005, Pete Missingham wrote:
> >> Richard has been there for a while, I believe.
> >
> > I was telling my barber (sorry dirty word!) I was
> > thinking of setting up a business fixing borked pc's,
> > and he told me about this business. Didn't even know
> > Richard was there previously.
>
> Errm, I think there's a bit of confusion here.

Yes there was on my part.

> Richard Fraser has been runing Avalon Arts in Abbey Mews for aboout a year
> now.  (Many people will remember him from his Visionscape days.)
> He does digital art; not digital repairs.
>
> The *new* PC shop is directly opposite his in the mews, and will open at
> the end of this month.
> It's called PC's PCs [Peter? Christian?'s PCs]; and the guy behind it can
> be contacted on either 0900 781-7529  or  07976 58-4231
> I hope he will be attending our meeting next week, as I've already
> contacted him offering LUGoG support for any of his clients who might be
> interested in Linux.

Thanks for that clarification Martin.

> [Which reminds me -- what's our agenda for next week?  I'd like to spend
> a little time possibly setting up a consultancy group for stuff like the
> above; arranging common fees scales; etc.  Any comments?

Sounds like a good idea.

> And isn't it about time we had an update on the music scene?  Tim?]

Yes, it probably is.

I'm off to the Sounds Expo next week, to help out on the Linux Audio stand,
which potentially jeopardises my meeting attendance :/ unless I take the
early morning coach on Thursday. So it will probably be better to do a music
update next month.

One of the things that comes up every time I plan to leave my house for an
occasion such as this, is how useful it would be if I had a laptop for
demonstration purposes. This is probably going to take some serious
money-earning / fundraising, so I'm interested in any ideas about how we can
raise funds and earn livings using Linux. My biggest skills deficit is in the
area of business. This could make for an interesting meeting. :-)

cheers,

tim hall
http://glastonburymusic.org.uk