[Glastonbury] tomorrow's meeting

steve steve at fractalsoup.org
Tue Dec 6 23:14:38 GMT 2005

I have tried,
I asked at the leisure centre for us but they said that becuase it uses
a school room then we have to sort it out with the school.
Altough another option is to hire the Conference room in the Leisure Centre.
I asked in the office how we might go about hiring T1 and they suggested
I arrange things with the site manager Mike Lee.
Unfortunately his father went into hospital last Friday and I have not
been able to ask him yet as I have been away since Monday morning.
I have just got back from an INGOTs course in London (much to tell) but
am away on a county ICT conference tomorrow so will not be back for the
rearranged LUGoG meeting.
Someone should try phoning the school and *politely* ask to speak to
Mike Lee about hiring the room. I will be able to phone the school from
the conference myself if that's any good although I won't be able to
post a reply to this list until the evening. (too late methinks).
I must emphasise that politeness is the key here as Martin's last
attempt to *only* speak to the Head upset the office staff.
If we lose favour with the school then we will probably have to find
somewhere else to hold the meetings.
What other LUG has a digital projector along with smartboard (that still
needs configuring) as well Linux Thin Clients, Apple Emacs and IBM
compatibles at hand to use in a comforatble environment? No Bar I admit
but I do remember that not so many aeons ago there was an after meeting
chat arranged in a local refreshment provider.
Sorry I can't be there tomorrow and good luck.
The only other option I can think of is that we meet on the 14th as I
advertised one last time as this will give me more time to sort out
things properly with school.
I PREFER THIS OPTION.

Regards Steve.