[Glastonbury] Working days

Martin Wheeler mwheeler at startext.co.uk
Thu Dec 15 13:38:12 GMT 2005

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005, Bob Frog wrote:

> I can see how that can be a bit of a problem because I cannot attend at all
> 7-9pm any day. How about a Saturday or Sunday?

Dan __

I can see how this can be a bit of a problem for you -- and others in your
situation,  But it's most unlikely that we could ever arrange meetings for
a weekend, other than a one-off installfest, or something like that.
(Weekends are fairly precious for working adults. :)

We *did* discuss this last night; and one of the tentative solutions was a
suggestion for an early-evening session for those in your situation --
nothing firmly decided as yet though.

However, there *is* another solution -- why not start a local *school*
group where you are (specifically as a school group) -- I'm sure the odd
LUGoG member from Glastonbury would be willing to drop over once in a
while to attend a meeting, pass on help and info, etc.  You can always use
this list (and this group) to help get you started, respond to really
insurmountable difficulties, etc.

(And it doesn't prevent you from attending the odd meeting over here in
Glastonbury, either.)

What think?

[ tips:
i)   enter "linux user group howto" into Google, and read all the stuff
that it points you to;
ii)  http://www.uklinux.net/  offers free web-site support to user groups ]

Cheers,