[Glastonbury] meeting

Martin Wheeler mwheeler at startext.co.uk
Fri Dec 16 14:19:35 GMT 2005

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005, Bob Frog wrote:

> So we can set up a Wells one?

Yes.  Why not?
You can also make it specifically for those who can't attend evening
meetings.

> Can you officiate that

Do you really need someone external to the school?
Don't know how the Bluecoat is organised, but it would seem more
appropriate to ask a housemaster/Physics teacher/pastoral care tutor etc.,
so that you can keep the whole thing in-house.

As I said, folks from the LUGoG might be able to drop in for the odd
meeting, or to give the odd talk on specific subjects; but probably not on
a permanent basis to run the group (in school, in school time, on school
premises).

>  one of our clubs is
> already teaching Linux/UNIX (mine actually) so we can get that as a WellsLUG.

There you are then.  No problem.  Use that as your starting-point.

> Maybe even a website would be possible.

Certainly (possible).  All you have to know is how to set up and maintain
a set of web-pages.  (Which is not beyond the capabilities of a bunch of
Year 9s.)  And get one of the free hosting companies to give you space on
their servers for your group site.
You'll probably be a fairly small and restricted group -- but it'll give
you good experience in running this kind of thing.

Best of luck !