[Glastonbury] Glad Tidings !

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Fri Dec 23 10:47:33 GMT 2005

Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:

>Joomla _is_ effectively Mambo. Having said that, it may be better
>to switch to Joomla anyway, since it will be maintained and Mambo
>won't.

The Mambo Foundation might disagree with that.... the two have forked,
but as far as Mambo is concerned theirs will be the one with all the
support etc.. same for Joomla!

At present, on the other sites (ie. the ones without folks who seem to
hate Mambo on principle) I am waiting to see which direction each of the
packages moves in going into 2006 before changing anythng...  clearly
with the fork one is going to have to nail one's flag to either Mambo or
Joomla! and at present there isn't enough evidence to really say which
is the prudent direction to go in... as it stands those sites, and the
LUGoG site, are all running on a version which can be upgraded either to
Joomla! or Mambo whereas if I upgrade now to either I shall be going
down a path of no return... neither the new Mambo or Joomla! is
significantly different in terms of features to what we are currently
running therefore this seems a bad decision at this stage.

>Is there a stub site / redirect at the central LUG webserver at
>lug.org.uk which points to lugog.org.uk ?

http://lugog.org is (I think) hosted with the uklinux folks... currently
re-directs.