[Glastonbury] Mini install fest on my laptop

peter.t.cole at lineone.net peter.t.cole at lineone.net
Mon Feb 7 13:30:16 GMT 2005

The digital Camera work fist time no problems plugged it in started digikam
did an auto detect on t he camera  dowmlaoed the pictures no problems.

Printing using cups.
I am not sure if this is a Mepis or KDE issue i remove cups completely and
reinstalled it.
The went to my browser and did http://localhost:631.
i went in and configured the printer and printed a test page OK.

then i went into the KDE printer setting and tried to change the drive to
the correct one. It would not let me even when try as root.

tried to go back to http://localhost:631 and this was not found.
I can acces the cups server from KDE  using the root login and password when
prompted  but i can change any thing else.
I am wondering if there is something to do with encription going on ? any
one any thoughts.

One other point none of teh usb items were plugged into the laptop when i
installed it, so it's good that all of these things havebeen pickup with
out issue.
I just need to try the scanner and that's all of the usb stuff i have working.

This very much like mandrake was to get things working ( pretty easy) but
with the added advantage of apt.

Peter