[Glastonbury] agenda for next meeting

Ian Dickinson i.j.dickinson at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 14:54:09 GMT 2005

Martin <mwheeler at startext.co.uk> wrote:
> So could all linux-folks with wifi experience turn up with anecdotes,
> knowhow, horror stories, fixes -- whatever, at next week's meeting, and
> we'll swap a few tales, tips and hints.  Could be fun.
FWIW, the I.T. people where I work decided that they couldn't, in
fact, find a completely secure wireless solution. So the wifi network
in our office is *outside* the firewall, and we have to VPN in to
reach the intranet. I mention this because I've been to conferences
and other venues where the wifi network hasn't supported vpn, which is
a real pain. So if Glastonbury is considering a metro-area wifi,
making it vpn friendly would be nice.

Personally, I experimented briefly with domestic wifi, before I gave
up and cat5'ed the house :-)

Ian