[Glastonbury] Hello again and thanks - plus Ubuntu discs arrive

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Thu Jan 13 20:36:30 GMT 2005

Phil Wood wrote:

> At the end of the month I hope to have the time for another attempt to
> get my laptop wireless using Linux. So the next meeting could be just
> at the right time for me. In the mean time of any of you have been
> successful in this I'd love to hear from you. Which distribution?
> Which wireless card?

I found Ubuntu to be very easy to get the wireless card working on...
the appropriate drivers appear to be in its 2.6 kernel already, and so
it was just a case of adding some lines to a few config files and
everything worked like a dream...

I have, btw, received my 10 sets of Ubuntu CDs today so if anybody wants
one please feel free to shout! They're for distributing... have a couple
of folks who I have to send to, but numerous copies left! For the record
the CD set consists of two CDs... one live CD, so you can try it out,
and one installation CD for when you decide you want to HD install.

Website, btw, is http://www.ubuntulinux.org