[Glastonbury] website

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Fri Jan 14 08:45:47 GMT 2005

Sean Miller wrote:

> Just a quick note to those who were not at yesterday's meeting that we
> agreed to migrate the website away from Mambo -- am currently looking
> at some possibilities, but phpwebsite is one that I quite like...
> anybody have any opinions on CMS/recommendations? Would be great to
> hear about some "new" ones that I have not yet encountered.

This morning installed phpwebsite and postnuke... the former
(phpwebsite) is very pretty, and comprehensive, but the admin interface
is not intuitive.... for example, I cannot for the life of me figure out
how to set up the front page blocks -- I don't want rss feeds at the
bottom of the page, I want them on the right... doesn't seem to be easy
at all.

Postnuke seems much easier to customise/configure, but it doesn't have
all the modules by default that I want... got to go to work now, but
when I get back tonight I shall investigate installing additional
modules (eg. calendar, rss) into postnuke and (assuming it works well)
will look to theme the site etc.

Another option is Xoops which looks very promising, but I recall from
the past that the learning curve to administrate that one is quite
steep... was a while ago, though, and it may have improved.

At the moment postnuke looks like a good possibility -- as I said
yesterday, though, if anybody has any recommendations, or nightmare
stories of previous experience with any particular CMS, then please do
shout.