[Glastonbury] distros

Alan Pope alan.pope at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 09:45:34 BST 2005

On 13/07/05, Sean Miller <sean at seanmiller.net> wrote:
> Right, vibrant Linux community...

*yawn* *strreeeeeetch*

> Pray tell... what Linux distribution is everybody using?

Ubuntu Hoary on the desktop, and laptop, Debian testing on wifeys
desktop (probably move to Ubuntu Hoary sometime soon. Mix of Debian
and Ubuntu on servers (I keep a nice little record
http://popey.com/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?TheNetwork).

> Myself? I'm still on Ubuntu's Warty distro... part of this is that I'm
> rather scared to upgrade to Hoary in case it breaks anything; generally,
> it's all very nice and stable at present... will have to do it at some
> stage, but I need to ensure I back up Warty just in case everything goes
> belly up...

I found Hoary much better than Warty. The only issue I had was the
transition to xorg, which wasn't *that* bad when alls said and done.

Cheers,
Al.