[Glastonbury] Redundant boxes

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Thu Jul 21 12:38:41 BST 2005

Last Thursday 21 July 2005 07:42, Sean Miller was like:
> Does anybody have any redundant boxes I can use to try out some Linux
> distros?
>
> I want to experiment with a few different install CDs on low-spec PCs to
> see how they perform, but the problem is I don't have any low-spec PCs
> to hand...  you know, the Pentium generation that sort of thing... not
> too interested in 486 as I *know* they won't work as the distros say we
> need a pentium at least... I can supply memory etc. but just need a
> couple of base units really.

I'm using most of the hardware I have to run Linux already. I have a PI  and a
K6 (VIA chipset) machine both of which will need some coaxing to run linux. I
have various bits and pieces including spare cases and 14" monitors left
over. Tuesday is a good day to find me at the Assembly Rooms.

> I know Alistair at one stage had various bits and pieces to dispose
> of... anything out there at present?

It's worth checking. I didn't manage to completely clean them out on my last
visit. ;)

cheers,

tim hall
http://glastonburymusic.org.uk